Just a small project I did over the summer to practice my skills with the Qt IDE and with OpenGL.
I started this project just making a simple flocking simulation. The moment is a bit funky but you can change the influence of the behaviours by using the sliders. With this first iteration I could only around 100-200 particles before the simulation become painfully slow. So the next step was to create a hash to optimise the process a little
Adding the hash has bumped the maximum particles up quite nicely to a few thousand but Its still not enough for me so the next step is to port the simulation to the GPU! Also I still think the movement is a bit iffy so ill be looking into making the movement look a little more natural in the next update.